0

The Simple Joys Of Life

I was planing to write about this earlier, but some how got distracted. *sheepish grin*

Anyways, with all the running around I've been doing...I've somehow found some comfort up here on this hill. I guess when you do get a chance to work around, it's surprising how much you learn to appreciate when you are in a new place new.

Since I had to go on a treasure hunt for ribbons and I had spectacles to help me look around, I actually saw a few heart catching moments which I which I could have caught on video. Its this special moments in life I never want to forget.

Its so easy to get caught up with life and the amount of havoc we face with responsibility that we forget to enjoy life and all its deep intricasies.

Walking around, I caught this old couple probably in their early 70's,enjoying lunch while holding hands. I couldn't help but notice how they enjoyed life vicariously,so in love, like no one else was around. The wife whispered into her husbands ear, fussed over his meal and teased him. He tried to remain all macho, enjoying the attention he got and when they had finished their meal,he surprised her with a nice peck on her cheek. I barely caught it, but I caught them sharing this secret smile when their eyes met. Like they've been keeping a secret for a million years.

I guess it is true. In the end,
the small things count the most

This hill has become one of much wonder for me.
Where else would you meet a lady from India in her 50's clad traditionally in a Saree, paired with a cool set of sneakers?

At the same place you would find a father carrying his lil' baby girl in his arms like she was the most precious item in the whole world. Fussing over her, and keeping her safe as he trudged through a walkway full of people rushing through their planned day of fun and excitement. He just took his time,walking and talking to her, making sure she was not startled by the sights and sounds, introducing her to new things and making sure her baby clothes were on right so she wasn't cold.

Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. I didn't have a camera then. *damn* But at least I've got them all written down here to share with you.
=)     

0 comments:

Back to Top