0

Choices

A world of choices to make in life.
Some made knowing wondrous opportunities await.
Others made cause you want to make the opportunities.


I've learnt that this pass few weeks.

And I'm going to be walking down this road for a while. Especially with the way the cards of life have been played.

I got my job up hill right after my exams. You can imagine how proud my parents were when they heard that their only daughter had gotten a job in a BIG company just merely weeks of finishing her papers. I was excited, they were overjoyed.

I wanted to be independant as soon as i could. Lessen the burdens of financial constraints at home. Wanted to make something and someone of myself. I needed to know i was heading somewhere. Been feeling lost and aimless for far too long.

Then life turns around and tell you, it ain't going to be that easy.

*looks up to ask* "There always has to be a catch no?!"
Apparently, I'm not quite done with my studies yet. Didn't excel through some papers, much to the dismay of my parents. That two minute phone call was enough to burst my 'cheerful rainbow filled bubble'. Like a freaking black hole.

After relocating my belongings and starting work, you're telling me I haven't freaking finished yet? Please GOD, be kidding me!!

Life is life, so the parents want me to finish up with the papers as soon as possible... But after contemplating things, I've decided to take things into my own hands. I can't be leaning on my parents all my life. They need sometime to enjoy themselves, plus there's my younger bro, Jason to think of.

Here's the decision : I'm going to work for one year, and see where it takes me. Then if I feel ready enough, I'll go back to finishing my papers. No point letting lose an experience which rarely comes along....

0 comments:

Back to Top