0

Oh Captain! My Captain

I haven't been here in a while. I don't think I remember how it works.
They say you never forget how to ride a bike. Funny that you can forget how to recognize yourself in the mirror. I digress.

But strangely I've been thinking about writing again. A LOT. Been looking for the right platform. I guess some habits are hard to drop. Wandered over here and re-read my old conundrums. Some still current. I guess some lessons still looking to be learnt.

Anyways, a little something I wrote a while ago. Found in the dark recesses of old storage. #joysofmariekondo

I think my thoughts don't quite matter anymore
The understanding of our seas seems blurry to you
I say this to you because you are the Captain of this ship
The rest of us your loyal shipmates

A sailor comes to shift your sight to new horizons
Adventures await, and we stand unfailing
We're searched many hidden treasures before
Why should this be any different?

I will strive to put my best foot forward,
My loyalty lies in the fact that I am who I am, and you who you are
But will you stay you, and I stay I...if the sea changes us?

0 comments:

Back to Top